x

Not all shipping options showing (ex. missing "number of items")

I've only recently started my online store, and am using Printful for Print on Demand - there's no way I can afford an inventory (at least not for quite some time).

Anyway, they have shipping options where the first item is one price, and the others are significantly lower. For example, sticker sheets are $5.85 for the first sheet, and $0.10 for each additional sheet.

Looking at the square support, there's lots of options, but I'm only seeing two that aren't even listed on the support page! I've only got per item and per order, and can't stack them ($5.75 per order + $0.10 per item).

https://squareup.com/help/ca/en/article/8042-create-and-manage-shipping-rate-profiles

Am I doing something wrong? It looks like these options are available in US and UK, are they missing from Canada? That wouldn't make sense though because it's the Canadian support site.

Thanks for the help!

Photos of you, by you, and for you.
Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hello there @PrintedPlanet- I see this is your first post, Welcome! 

What you're describing can only be done with Default Shipping Profiles. To set up shipping that way in Square Online, you would go to Fulfillment > Shipping > Add Shipping Profile > make sure it's a Default profile > Add Countries. After adding the countries, at the bottom of the page is where you'll want to add the rate. Click Add Rate > under "How do you want to charge shipping?", and choose "Based on number of items". From there, you can set up the rate however you want!

Because the shipping profile would be Default, not custom, you cannot be applied to specific items at this time. Only Custom Shipping Profiles can be applied to specific items at this time. 

I hope this helps! I'm glad you were able to join our community! 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hello there @PrintedPlanet- I see this is your first post, Welcome! 

What you're describing can only be done with Default Shipping Profiles. To set up shipping that way in Square Online, you would go to Fulfillment > Shipping > Add Shipping Profile > make sure it's a Default profile > Add Countries. After adding the countries, at the bottom of the page is where you'll want to add the rate. Click Add Rate > under "How do you want to charge shipping?", and choose "Based on number of items". From there, you can set up the rate however you want!

Because the shipping profile would be Default, not custom, you cannot be applied to specific items at this time. Only Custom Shipping Profiles can be applied to specific items at this time. 

I hope this helps! I'm glad you were able to join our community! 

Message 2 of 3

Thanks!

That's very helpful. Well, sort of. Looks like I still don't have an option I need for shipping. Printful has a base shipping price for the first item, and items after that are lower. The shipping on a t-shirt is different than a mug or a sticker sheet so default doesn't work.

Thanks again.

Photos of you, by you, and for you.
Message 3 of 3