x

Cannot remove Quick Amount from Keypad on Square Terminal

We are using the Square Terminal to take donations during breakfast after church.  We don't require a specific amount, people can donate what they want.  Very often people give $5, $10, or $20 or more, so the Square keeps adding the Quick amounts of $5, $10, or $20 on the screen.  But we DON'T want any specific amount to be shown on the screen. This is a love offering and any amount is welcome.  I set the option to NO in the settings for Quick amounts, but they keep coming back since those amounts are so common.  How can I make this stop permanently?

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hello @StBartsATL !

That's very odd that the Quick Amounts keep showing up on your screen! That's definitely not supposed to happen.

As long as you've disabled them on your terminal at More -> Settings -> Checkout -> Quick Amounts those amounts shouldn't be visible on checkout.

What I would recommend is to check for software updates at More -> Settings -> Hardware -> General -> About Square Terminal. Install whatever update is needed here. If that doesn't work, try logging out of the terminal, restarting it, then logging back in. If the amounts still show, try a factory reset. You can do that from the same screen as the updates.

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hello @StBartsATL !

That's very odd that the Quick Amounts keep showing up on your screen! That's definitely not supposed to happen.

As long as you've disabled them on your terminal at More -> Settings -> Checkout -> Quick Amounts those amounts shouldn't be visible on checkout.

What I would recommend is to check for software updates at More -> Settings -> Hardware -> General -> About Square Terminal. Install whatever update is needed here. If that doesn't work, try logging out of the terminal, restarting it, then logging back in. If the amounts still show, try a factory reset. You can do that from the same screen as the updates.

Ryan Wanner

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 6

Thanks, Ryan.  I've had the problem of quick amounts appearing in the past but they disappeared after a while.  This time I went to the settings to confirm that it was set to NO and it is, but they're still there.  Same thing on the phone app.  I'll try updating again next Sunday.

Chris

Message 3 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hey @StBartsATL, I'm also here to assist! 😊

If updating your Terminal doesn't resolve the issue please reach back out with the browser version and a screenshot showing the quick amounts setting turned off in your Terminal settings. I will also need the app version your Terminal is on? 

Message 4 of 6
Super Seller

@StBartsATLYeah, that sounds like an update didn't take hold correctly. I'd definitely recommend logging out and back in plus a check on an update to reset things. Otherwise, please take @MayaP up on her offer to dig deeper! 🙂

Ryan Wanner

Happy Selling!
Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

I am sorry @ryanwanner, I forgot to say thank you so much for hopping in here and helping ! 🙌

I really hope updating and signing out resolves this! But if not I am here to help @StBartsATL!

In the meantime have a good rest of your week! 

Message 6 of 6