x

Square terminal screen showing preparing payment do not remove card?

The square terminal screen shows "Preparing payment, do not remove card" immediately after confirming the amount on keypad, and no card is inserted. This happened with the previous terminal, so a replacement terminal was sent out. The same thing happens to the new terminal as well. A factory reset was done, yet this still occurs. 

What issue may this be?

Thank you for your help 

Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and welcome to the community @Wintime6!

Could you double-check that the latest software version was installed on the device after the factory reset: Select ≡ More > Hardware > General > About Terminal > Software Update

If your Terminal is up-to-date, or you experience the same behaviour after updating, could you let us know the App and OS version that’s installed. Could you also tell us if the payment is successfully captured after inserting the card? If not, is an error message displayed when the card is entered, for example? 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Best Answer

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and welcome to the community @Wintime6!

Could you double-check that the latest software version was installed on the device after the factory reset: Select ≡ More > Hardware > General > About Terminal > Software Update

If your Terminal is up-to-date, or you experience the same behaviour after updating, could you let us know the App and OS version that’s installed. Could you also tell us if the payment is successfully captured after inserting the card? If not, is an error message displayed when the card is entered, for example? 

Message 2 of 3

App: 6.42

Thank you for your reply. I didn't think to attempt payment when the screen appears like that. I usually force restart the terminal. But I have tried today, and payment is successfully captured even though the screen displays "preparing payment, do not remove card". 

Message 3 of 3