x

No decimal point on keyboard

Was setting tax to be added to a sale at a show last weekend and there is now no decimal point on my square device keyboard. Tax was 7.75%, but could only do whole numbers. I had to open the app in my phone, do the 7.75 there and let carry over to the hardware on the cloud. Anyone else see this happen? 

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @Thelastpotter - I'm sorry to hear that this issue with your Square Terminal has brought you to the Seller Community.

I suggest starting out by checking for any pending software updates for the Terminal. To do this, you can follow the steps listed here. If this doesn't improve things, you can also perform a factory reset on the Terminal.

Please let me know whether this resolves the issue. We'll keep an eye out for your reply!

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

what device?  The handheld Square Terminal? I just checked on that an the decimal is in the lower left when adding taxes.

Message 2 of 4

Yes. Thanks. The small terminal. No decimal point to be found. So strange. Thanks again!

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @Thelastpotter - I'm sorry to hear that this issue with your Square Terminal has brought you to the Seller Community.

I suggest starting out by checking for any pending software updates for the Terminal. To do this, you can follow the steps listed here. If this doesn't improve things, you can also perform a factory reset on the Terminal.

Please let me know whether this resolves the issue. We'll keep an eye out for your reply!

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4