x
Super Seller

Update one appointment in a recurring series

This has been a problem for a number of years and is beyond frustrating for me.  There is no consistency in this either.  Sometimes when I'm updating a recurring appointment in the app it'll offer "update series or update appointment"  - more often times than not it only allows to "update series" which is not what I need. On the online dashboard it always gives me the option to update either. 

Any help / solution for the Square appointments app would be extremely appreciated!  Thank you!!!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Square Community Moderator

Hello @EcoAutoClean 👋

At this time, it is not possible to reschedule a single appointment from a series in the Appointments app. 

This option is available when editing the appointment using your Square Dashboard. 

If you would like to see this feature added in the future, we’d love it if you'd submit this request on our Ideate page for Square Appointments. Our team monitors these boards and we triage them to measure need. You can search the boards to see if this has been requested before and add your use case if so!

Thank you. 

Frances
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 10
Super Seller

Thats the issue is that sometimes it'll offer update appointment or update series.... there is no consistency with it. Thanks for the reply - ill visit the ideate page!

Message 3 of 10
Super Seller

here is a photo of appointments app - one allows one time change other allows to only update series. Both are recurring.

Message 4 of 10

Thank you for sharing the additional details, @EcoAutoClean

In this case, was the same field edited for both of those series? 

I can reach out to our team to get some clarity on why some series allow these changes for the individual appointment and some don't. 

Thank you.

Frances
Message 5 of 10
Super Seller

Correct - All im doing is changing the date and time and that's it.  We do mobile detailing and sometimes a client is like this date I won't be home, can we change to this date instead. We have to do this often so you can understand my frustration with it working some time and some time not.

Thank you so much!

Message 6 of 10

Thank you for clarifying, @EcoAutoClean

I escalated this issue to our team, and they suggested making sure both your device and app are up-to-date, as missing app updates can cause issues like this one. 

The team was able to test making the changes you are attempting using a mobile device with an up-to-date app and changes went through without issues. 

Let me know if updating helps! 

Thank you.

Frances
Message 7 of 10
Super Seller

Thanks for the reply! I updated the app / attempted with two different recurring appointments next week. Two different options. Thank you

3476594B-FE8D-41F0-ACBC-F33973D18E80.jpeg

Message 8 of 10

Oh no! @EcoAutoClean 

Because we have no access to your account details here in the Community, it wouldn't be possible for me to determine if there is a setting preventing these changes for specific appointments. 

I would recommend reaching out to our direct support team as a next step. They can access your account alongside you and help you determine if there is something to be done on your end or file a ticket for our engineers to investigate. 

Thank you

Frances
Message 9 of 10
Super Seller

I’ve been told to cancel the appointment and schedule a new one anytime I’ve been given the issue. Only workaround so far 

Message 10 of 10