x

Business Name Changing on Google Merchant Center

I have connected our Square website and inventory to the Online Sales Channel: Google. Everything works great until after a few days. Business Display Name will change from Fredrick's Shoppe (Name Title of Website) to Fredrick's Corner Shoppe (Name of Store we ship from). The website verification section also get's removed after being verified for a few days. Contact Google and Square support. Google says its on Squares end where the error is coming from and Square has not got back to me, still. Has anyone delt with these types of issues?

One thought I had was maybe connecting Google Merchant account to Google My Business account. GMB account is title Fredrick's Corner Shoppe. Could that be why Name keeps changing?

Thank you in advance for any assistance!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Google are proving an absolute nightmare with verification name changes and businesses with more than 1 location - it used to be easy but many ghost companies popped up - we have a parent company and a retail company it will only like one business name ( for reviews) They love [Google} the name you trade under.  Both names have to tally - It will lock you out again you’ll then have to do a video to prove you are a merchant with a bricks and mortar store. Good luck - please write your outcome as I know there are loads of people who have experienced this.

Message 2 of 2