x

Help Setting up Square

We have a Square account and have used it successfully for po-up events. We run a used book store and a small cafe and we want to convert our current POS system to Sqaure. I was wondering if there were people that we can hire to help us with the set-up?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Super Seller

Before you start - have a look to see your most used area of sale, events, food or used book product. There are designers if you click the top right area in the square online area top right - click your account name and a pop up list appears scroll down to bold black and hire a designer - TBH If you have used it successfully for pop up events - try Square for “retail” but if you feel that you will sell more coffee and cake than books then you might want the more food focused service 

Message 2 of 15

I don't see the Hire a Designer tab

Message 3 of 15
Super Seller

IMG_0885.jpeg

Message 4 of 15
Super Seller

Have i missed understood this and you want a till system set up or a retail  to order? Sorry if I have misunderstood

Message 5 of 15
Super Seller

Hey @fsspl12866 I read your question a little differently. Just to check are you looking for help setting up at your retail location? 

The Square system is pretty easy to self configure - grab and pen and paper then write a list of all the things you’d like to be able to do…. Including the simple ones. 

post that here and you’ll get a lot of support of your set up and options. Square is designed to suit so many types of business it’s possible to get bogged down by what is possible rather than getting done what you want too 😂

Pizza Is Chill

Message 6 of 15
Super Seller

The main thing you would need help with is if you have inventory and you deduct it from inventory at sale so someone would need to get ahold of that database and do the conversion to Square's database.  If you are just selling from the giant pile of books and just looking for a cash register then you should be able to handle setting it up on your own as it is very straight forward.

If I were looking to hire someone to transfer my database of inventory from one company to another and I didn't feel comfortable I would look for a local company that does computer setups for new business and maintains them.  A local user group could work or even job sites like fiver or task rabbit might work.

what system are you currently using and what are you looking for Square to do and why are your looking to convert.  those answers may help lead the way to some next steps.

Message 7 of 15
Square Community Moderator

Hey @fsspl12866, thanks for reaching out. To clarify, you want a representative who would help you onboard to Square and set up your account? Would you be willing to pay for that? 

Message 8 of 15

Yes. I would want someone to set it all up as a register and we are willing to pay. 

Message 9 of 15

Someone from our Account Management Team will be in contact with you @fsspl12866

If you need anything else please let me know! 😊

Message 10 of 15
Super Seller

@fsspl12866 @isabelle  @MayaP Hopefully someone reached out to them.  Somehow the wires got crossed and they called me yesterday instead.  He told me he was now my account rep and was going to send me details via email but that never happened so I want to make sure they at least followed through with calling the correct person.

It was a kinda weird call, he was like hi I'm (insert name I don't remember) I hear you're trying to open a bookstore.  So I then explained it wasn't me and this is other person is the user name to get ahold of.

Message 11 of 15

Good Morning @VanKalkerFarms ,

Just checking in! Did your account representative ever get in contact with you? 

Message 12 of 15
Super Seller

Oh dear @MayaP - wrong end of the wrong stick? 

Screenshot 2024-05-13 at 15.47.34.jpg

I really do hope someone has reached out directly to @fsspl12866 though. Please do let us know @fsspl12866 because if not we can be a noisy bunch and keep at them on your behalf too! 

Pizza Is Chill

Message 13 of 15

Hey guys! I apologize for the confusion! When I sent my reply earlier this morning to be transparent I was not fully awake. I meant to tag @fsspl12866.

I do want to ensure you @fsspl12866 that your account information was passed off to the Account Manager to be contacted last week. I am not sure why they reached out to @VanKalkerFarms smh! I did reach out and asked again if you can be contacted @fsspl12866.

Thanks again guys for making sure this seller is taken care of @Sam_400º @VanKalkerFarms👍

Message 14 of 15
Super Seller

Best of luck @fsspl12866 let us know if you have any more questions.  It is a lot at first but it is all quite simple once you use it a few times.  Were here to help.

Message 15 of 15