x
Beta Member

Online orders not printing automatically when placed

Another puzzling product change - recently Printer Profiles were implemented, and online orders are not printed as soon as they are placed.

The only option in the setting is to print when "it is time to make them".

Why?

Why take a useful option away? I need these tickets out to plan my day.

Who decides when "it is time to make" an order? There's no one time frame that fits all items and all businesses (some order will take us 5 minutes, some will take a day).

What is up with making these changes without letting us know?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Hello @Tommer1 !

Yeah, the profiles rollout wasn't as smooth as I think it could have been, unfortunately.

To answer the "time to make" question, that is determined by the longer of the two: item prep time or location prep time. If an item takes 5 minutes to make but your location default is 20, that ticket will print at 20 minutes. If you have multiple prep timed items, the system will print at the longest timed item.

Yes, I do agree that having this only as at time to make is troublesome at best and was a recent change. Hopefully that will be fixed relatively quickly: us sellers should be able to choose at time to make or when the order was placed.

For now, you can do batch prints of your orders. From the Orders screen on your app, hit the Actions button in the upper right. Select the orders you want then hit the Print button.

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 2